Denver, Colorado and Coachella Valley, California – Marijuana candies, sold on the street as ‘Uncle Tweety’s Chewy Flipper’ and ‘Gummy Satans’ are taking the country by storm. Each candy is an emulsification of sweetened Jello, vodka and minced marijuana. Huffington Post reports that within a week, 9 college students have died from these marijuana candies.
New reports from Coachella confirm one young man has died after eating a handful of these dangerous homebrewed gummies.
Marijuana advocates love to argue that pot is not dangerous. But breaking down the report from Huffington Post right now reveals the tragic truth: marijuana is dangerous, especially in candy form.
Let’s take a closer look at the train-wreck caused by this new type of marijuana.
A college student eats more than the recommended dose of a marijuana-laced cookie and jumps to his death from a hotel balcony. A husband with no history of violence is accused of shooting his wife in the head, possibly after eating pot-infused candy.
The two recent deaths have stoked concerns about Colorado’s recreational marijuana industry and the effects of the drug, especially since cookies, candy and other pot edibles can be exponentially more potent than a joint.
“We’re seeing hallucinations, they become sick to their stomachs, they throw up, they become dizzy and very anxious,” said Al Bronstein, medical director of the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center.
Immediately, we see marijuana in the bloodstream is causing life and death situations to take place. If pot was still illegal, perhaps neither of the prior stories would have developed.
It is sad that in a country as developed as America, such third world drugs such as marijuana are allowed to exist.
Twenty-six people have reported poisonings from marijuana edibles this year, when the center started tracking such exposures. Six were children who swallowed innocent-looking edibles, most of which were in plain sight.
Children are being addicted to marijuana. I knew this day would come, when a liberal president allowed a state to legally sell Marijuana Flintstone Vitamins to children. What are the consequences? Let us turn to science.
Five of those kids were sent to emergency rooms, and two to hospitals for intensive care, Bronstein said. Children were nauseous and sleepy, and doctors worried about their respiratory systems shutting down.
Supporters of the pot law and some experts counter that alcohol causes far more problems among users, and the issues with pot can be largely addressed through better regulations.
The deaths occurred as Colorado lawmakers are scrambling to create safety regulations for the largely unmonitored marijuana snacks. On Thursday, the Legislature advanced a package of bills that would lower the amount of THC that could be permitted in a serving of food and require more extensive warning labels.
An autopsy report listed marijuana intoxication as a significant contributing factor in the death of 19-year-old Levy Thamba Pongi.
Authorities said Pongi, who traveled from Wyoming to Denver with friends to try and eat marijuana,In the moments before his death, he spoke erratically and threw things around his hotel room.
Toxicologists later found that the cookie Pongi ate contained THC — marijuana’s intoxicating chemical — as one high-quality joints.
Marijuana. It is one of the most dangerous drugs on Earth. We are only seeing the tip of the iceberg here, my friends.
For every one joint of marijuana, four teenagers become burdened with pregnancy. And for every bag of marijuana candy sold, it seems 16 violent crimes in the 16 to 45-year-old cohort break down.
Young men and men who eat these candies are being found to have lower testosterone levels and fits of primal aggression. They are suffering heart issues and COPD. I do not even want to scare you parents today on what is being found to happen in young women who smoke and eat marijuana. The stat about teen pregnancy is enough for you for one day.